Thursday, March 14, 2013


If you noticed last week I featured a of some gold dipped feathers that I pinned on Pinterest. I've decided that I needed them in my life and went on a mission to craft them. Here is my take/step my step instructions on how to do just that:




As pictured above you will need: gold craft paint, glitter, a paint brush, and most importantly some feathers. Note: I didn't use the best quality feathers for this. They did have better feathers at Michaels but they were 3.79 for 3 feathers!! I refused to pay that, so, I used these ones instead and I think it turned out alright. 



Step 1: Apply a drop of gold paint to the end of the feather.
Step 2: Use your paint brush to paint upward. I noticed that the top of the feathers take paint much better than the bottom. I also found that all of my feathers stuck together. There wasn't really anything I found that prevented this. The best thing I could do was wait until the paint was almost dry following step 3 and slowly fan out the feathers again. 




Step 3: Before the paint dries sprinkle glitter on the area that you have painted. 


Step 4: Lay the feathers out to dry. You can see that I did pull apart some of the painted feathers here and didn't with others. In my opinion the ones that have been pulled apart look a bit better. 



Final result! I'm pretty pleased with how it looks. I've been trying to find something for a while to fill my apothecary jar with and I think its a good fit. 


Overall it was extremely easy. I would give it a 2/10 on the difficulty scale. Also, it doesn't hurt when you have a cute little helper. 






                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment